The SSC conducts the CPO Exam to recruit candidates into the Central Police Organization as Sub-Inspectors, ASI, Inspectors, etc. The SSC CPO exam is mostly conducted in 4 stages- Paper I, Physical Tests( Physical Standards Test, Physical Endurance Test), Paper II, and the Medical Examination
The Exam needs a thorough preparation as the SSC CPO syllabus consists of a vast number of topics in each paper. This article will help the candidates understand the syllabus for the SSC CPO Exam and help them prepare in a proper way.
The SSC CPO syllabus is given below:
|Paper||SSC CPO Syllabus|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning|
|General Awareness & General Knowledge|
|Paper II||English Language & Comprehension|
The preparation tips for each subject is given below:
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- Candidates should improve their practice in this section as this part is logical in nature.
- Candidates should work on important topics related to this subject.
- Candidates should practice a lot of previous years’ question set and mock papers
- Candidates should have short notes on difficult topics which they can revise anytime.
General Awareness & General Knowledge:
- Aspirants should be updated on important newspapers and magazines
- Important events and incidents in history should be learnt
- Being updated on the current affairs is a must
- Candidates should focus on faster calculations and tricks
- Daily practice is needed to improve the solving speed
- Avoiding minor mistakes will fetch the candidates a good score.
English Language & Comprehension:
- This section requires a lot of attention towards sentence formation, grammar.
- Candidates should improve their writing skills by practising a lot of mock papers.
- Candidates should try practising different types of writing for a common topic to improve their vocabulary and comprehension skills.
- Reading a lot of newspaper and magazines will help the candidates improve their command over English.
Important Pointers for SSC CPO Exam:
- Knowledge of the SSC CPO Syllabus and exam pattern is a must on a daily basis. This helps the candidates to be updated on the exam and not waste time preparing irrelevant topics.
- Improving solving speed is very much necessary as this helps the candidates to manage time and answer maximum correct questions.
- Aspirants should refer to proper study material for each topic to improve on the respective subjects.
- Working on the weak areas will help improve your score in the exam.
- Practising a lot of question papers from the previous years will improve the success rate in the SSC CPO Exam.
- The major thing to focus on is avoiding the stress of Exam. Keeping the mind calm and relaxed during preparation will ultimately improve candidates’ success rate.